Sunday, June 24, 2012

Elevator Etiquette and Wynn Buffet Review

Nothing pisses me off more than rude elevator etiquette.  Three times today I encountered people who don't have any common sense when it comes to how to ride an elevator.  Upon arrival of the elevator, for which you have pushed the button 27 times because you don't think it registered the first time, you wait for the people to get off before you get on.  Do you think it is right to crowd the elevator and make us ride back up with you so you can get to your car?  No, of course not.  I actually had a person today go to get on (while we were still on), realize I was there, and give me the "go ahead" hand gesture.  Gee, thank you so much for allowing me to get off the elevator, asshole.  Another thing that infuriates me is when people stand guard of the elevator before it even arrives for them to get on.  Imagine my surprise (and horror) when the door opens and your hot, stank breath greets my face.  I think next time I ride an elevator, the minute those doors open, I am going to run out, hands out in front of me, screaming.  If that doesn't get the message across, I don't know what will.

The Wynn buffet.  Nice decor, stubborn candy apples.
Putting the elevator-induced turmoil aside, I have a review of the Wynn buffet to get on with.  I enjoy going to buffets.  Not because the food is tasty, but because I can eat all the shit I want for like 5 bucks.  And when you are fat like me, and require a pitchfork instead of a normal fork, 5 bucks for crap food works.  The Wynn buffet is pricy.  Apparently $36.99 per person is reasonable to some people.  Fine.  Whatever.  I am assuming the food is going to be delicious, possibly even gourmet in a sense.

The food, actually, wasn't terrible...at least, not all of it.  Most of it was edible, which is always a plus when you are eating.  There were two things that really annoyed me.  One.  The salad bar consisted of leaves they call lettuce, their toppings consisted of celery and carrots, and their dressing choices were thousand island, Caesar, and Italian.  Really?  I can get a better selection of salad ingredients from a bag of Dole salad mix, and I would have saved 33 bucks.  Two.  Their candy apples.  "Candy apples," you say, "what fun!"  No.  Not fun at all.  I literally had to smash the apple on the plate to be able to actually eat the apple.  And even then, I think I cracked a tooth.  I tried a knife and almost sent the apple flying across the room.  I even forked it (heh).  Why on earth would you have food that you can't eat without the use of a jackhammer?  If I wanted to work for my food, I would have been a hunter.

I like fancy food, but this was a little over the top.  Other than a few items, I found nothing really unique that justified the almost $40 per person price tag.  My suggestion would be to spend 5 bucks at a shitty buffet and give me the other $35.  You will be in the bathroom for the rest of the night, but at least your tummy will be full...and your teeth intact.

On a side note, a huge thank you to my friend Rebecca for this cute tag!  Thanks again, Becca!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Shane! Sounds like quite an adventure. Sounds as though you're just about as critical as I am, when it comes to food. Nothing wrong with that at all, though. Thanks for this opinion and I'm looking forward to more entries on your newly-created blog. And, you're welcome for the tag. I'm glad I had the graphics to make it :)

    ReplyDelete